We value a culture of paying it forward and therefore engage in various outreach activities, either as a group or individually. Below are some of the outreach initiatives in which current lab members have been involved.
Razafindratsima's Duolingo French podcast, both in French and English about her story in becoming a scientist:
Translation of IUCN Primate Specialist Group's guidelines for responsible images of non-human primates into Malagasy to reach various entities in Madagascar, which is home to about 20% of the world's primate diversity. PDF here.
Some of us have also been working closely with the association Ary Saina in Madagascar in communicating science to Malagasy students and general public by translating and sharing the findings of scientific research in Malagasy via the association's Facebook page.
Videos produced by ExploreHome Madagascar about Razafindratsima & her research - in French & Malagasy, targeted for students in Madagascar, 2020
Razafindratsima's talk at the Oxford Center for Tropical Forests seminar series, 2021
Highlight of Razafindratsima's work at South Dakota State University, 2020
Razafindratsima's lecture talk as a Hrdy Fellow at Harvard University, 2017
Additional media appearance:
- IB Insight: "Always a First", 2020
- The College Today: "Potential Effects of Lemur Extinction", 2018
- UPI: “Lemur losses could threaten Madagascar’s largest tree species”, 2018
- Futurity: “Without lemur poo, Madagascar’s trees may be doomed”, 2018
- Science Daily: “Loss of lemurs might endanger many of Madagascar’s largest tree species”, 2018
- Rice News: “Saving the tress in not enough”, 2018
- ESA blog: “Madagascar team tracks lemurs as they spread the seeds of the rainforest”, 2014